Monthly Meeting – June 30, 2012
Posted on: June 1, 2012
Looking to get involved in changing the laws about marijuana? Join us on June 30 for our monthly meeting!
These meetings are your opportunity to get to know our NORML family, ask questions and bring ideas to the fight for legalization in Texas.
This will be our first meeting at Eddie Deen’s Crossroads BBQ in Arlington, across the street from the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium. Meetings are still free & open to the public, but now we have a $10 buffet with some of the best Texas barbecue you’ve ever had.
What to expect: Our last 4 meetings have had 60+ attendees, so if you want a good seat we’d recommend arriving early. People start showing up around 4:00pm to meet the new faces and for the first time at a DFW NORML meeting – grab some munchies. We get started at 4:20pm sharp and let out between 6:00- 6:15pm, though people tend to hang out for an hour or so to chat. Since there’s so many things going on within the organization, we have a number of different people that speak every meeting about a variety of topics in support of the cause.
– Recognizing our Cannabis All-Stars & Presenting the Texas Hemp Flag – Shaun McAlister
– Communications Director Updates – Will Jenkins
– Dallas Harm Reduction Task Force Update – Larry Talley
– DFW NORML & Deep Ellum On Air – Colin Wham
– Attorney Leslie Burgoyne will be discussing the non-criminal legal ramifications of cannabis use – such as the implications on family law, employment law, tax law, civil law, etc.
– Cash Hyde Foundation Update – C.J. Maestas
– North Texas NORML Update – Tristan Tucker
– DFW Norml Activist Training Camp Discussion – Shaun McAlister
What can you do until then? RSVP on Facebook and invite your friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/439094949434803/
* * * * * PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE NEW MEETING LOCATION * * * * *