Global Marijuana March of North Texas 2016
Posted on: April 28, 2016
The Global Marijuana March returns to North Texas on Saturday May 7th at Hyde Park in Fort Worth! Free to attend and open to the public. Gates open at noon with the march tentatively scheduled for 2:30pm. Festivities will conclude at 4:20pm. Hyde Park is located at 101 W 9th St, Fort Worth, Texas 76102.
The official event hashtag is #gmmdfw2016 so be sure to use it on social media!
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Global Marijuana March is a worldwide phenomenon where over 300 cities participate with rallies, protests, marches and concerts in support of cannabis legalization. Proudly hosted for over a decade by the Dallas / Fort Worth chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws – DFW NORML.
Click the poster below to visit our Facebook event page for the most up-to-date info about the march, or search “Global Marijuana March of North Texas” on Facebook.
SO FAR WE’VE CONFIRMED THE FOLLOWING SPEAKERS:
1. Jeremiah Looney, Mayoral Candidate of Whitewright, TX and SGT US Army, medically separated.
2. Christy Zartler, RN, MSN, CPNP and Licensed Pediatriac Nurse Practioner for more than 20 years, representing Mothers Advocating Medical Marijuana for Autism (MAMMA).
4. Russ Belville, News Director of CannabisRadio.com, Radio Personality and Writer for Huffington Post and High Times Magazine.
5. Clif Deuvall, Founder and Executive Director with NORML of Waco Inc. Candidate for the Texas House of Representatives, District 56, Vietnam War veteran, former educator and educational administrator.
6. Kate Morgan, Veteran Fleet Marine Force Hospital Corpsman from the US Navy and Public Relations Chapter Chair for Women Grow Dallas.
7. Keith Helms, BSN, Cardiovascular Nurse, public health advocate, holistic health and wellness enthusiast.
8. Rocky Palmquist, lifelong Texas rancher and farmer, still plowing the same land his ancestors did in 1827. Former Libertarian Candidate for Texas Agriculture Commissioner. Currently fighting stage 4 Lymphoma cancer.
9. Aaron Gutknecht, a Statistics Professor at TCC. He’s also a current board member and the former Treasurer at DFW NORML.
10. David Sloane, an aggressive criminal defense trial attorney defending DFW misdemeanors and felonies statewide. He also serves as DFW NORML’s Public Information Officer and this week donated $1,000 towards making the Global Marijuana March of North Texas possible.
11. Drayah Sallis is the founder of Our Cannabis Culture and has successfully launched the first Women Grow chapter in Texas. Her desire for clear cannabis conversations within her community has led her to address the overwhelming need for regional education, promoting disenfranchised inclusion in the cannabis space and the right of patients to safe access.
THANK YOU TO OUR FREEDOM FIGHTER EVENT SPONSORS WHO EACH CONTRIBUTED $1,000 TOWARDS MAKING THIS MARCH POSSIBLE:
We would also like to thank our vendor booth sponsors:
And our media partners:
Questions? Contact one of the addresses below.
VENDOR / SPONSOR – firstname.lastname@example.org
PRESS / MEDIA – email@example.com
COMPLIANCE – firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEERING – Volunteers@dfwnorml.org