Founded in 2005, the Dallas/Fort Worth chapter of NORML – the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, is a grassroots, educational non-profit organization dedicated to fighting cannabis prohibition in the Lone Star State. We support the legalization of marijuana for medicinal purposes, responsible adult use, and the production of industrial hemp.
As a registered Texas non-profit organization, all of the money we raise goes toward furthering the cause of legalization. Our chapter has over one thousand members and counting, making us one of the largest NORML chapters in the world. We hold free, monthly meetings that are open to the public as well as marches, conferences, classes and live music fundraisers every month.
SEVEN WAYS TO GET INVOLVED IN 2018:
1. Become an official card-carrying member of DFW NORML for $15 or if you are a Veteran, Senior Citizen or College Student, join for only $10. You can use your membership card for discounts at DFW NORML events and at smoke shops like Hempy’s Emporium in Arlington and Pipes Papes and Vapes in Dallas, Hurst and Arlington.
2. Contact your elected representatives by phone and urge them to support compassionate and sensible changes to Texas marijuana policy. First, visit www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us and enter your street address and zip code. Next, locate the names and phone numbers for your Texas State Representative, Texas State Senator and Texas US Senators. And finally, call their District Office or Capitol Office during business hours to leave a comment with a staffer or request a meeting.
Not sure what to say? Use this sample script as a starting point: “Hi! My name is __ and I am a constituent from your district. I am calling to request a meeting with my representative to discuss why medical marijuana is important to me and to voters in our district.”
3. Attend an upcoming DFW NORML event and invite your friends, family members, co-workers, and non-toking lovers of liberty to join you. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit: https://www.dfwnorml.org/events/
4. Become a DFW NORML volunteer! Join our official Volunteer Facebook Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfwnormlvolunteers or email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with one of our Volunteer Coordinators. Be sure to include any special skills, resources or experience you have that could benefit the movement.
5. National Action Alert – Tell Congress to Reject Jeff Session’s Reversal of the Cole Memo: http://norml.org/action-center/item/tell-congress-to-stop-jeff-sessions-crackdown
7. Show your DFW NORML pride by purchasing t-shirts, hats, stickers and other DFW NORML branded items from our online shop at http://www.dfwnorml.myshopify.com and posting them to social media with the #dfwnorml and #legalizetexas hashtags.
Isn’t it high time you got involved?
DISCLAIMER: We ask that you do not contact us about locating, buying or selling marijuana. Our group exists to change the laws, not to help people break them.
Also, please note that DFW NORML is no longer affiliated with or represented by Pete Marrero, PVM Entertainment or Max Davidson. If you have been contacted by any of these entities claiming to represent DFW NORML, please email email@example.com with details.
DFW NORML Board Members
NORML Since 2011
Shaun McAlister has served as the Executive Director of DFW NORML since 2011. He is a family man, public speaker, practicing yogi, aspiring filmmaker, and cannabis enthusiast who believes that marijuana prohibition has failed the state of Texas. Professionally, he is a video director, shooter, and editor as well as a photographer and graphic designer […] Expanded Bio
Eric Espinoza, Whole Plant Cannabis Advocate, Cerebral Palsy Patient, Coach and Deputy Director of DFW NORML and creator of Cannabis.Fit. Born with Cerebral Palsy Eric has spent his life not letting perceptions or preconceived notions hold him back. He has been an illegally healed patient for nearly a decade using cannabis to survive Opioids, manage […] Expanded Bio
Director of Operations
Jessica is a freedom fighter, inspiring Texans to take back their body ownership from the government. An IT Project Manager by day and yogi by night, Jessica advocates for increasing patient access and responsible adult use of cannabis. Contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Finance
Lisa Sewell joined DFW Norml in May 2018. CEO of Comfort Solutions Cannabis Company, is a proud mother, cannabis advocate and pioneer in the North Texas cannabis industry. After attending the University of Texas Arlington, Lisa worked for the multifamily and community management industries for 15 years. “I have always understood the importance of cannabis […] Expanded Bio
Attorney & Public Information Officer
David Sloane is a criminal defense attorney, a member of the NORML Legal Committee and serves as the Public Information Officer on DFW NORML’s Board of Directors. Disclaimer: The Law Office of David Sloane is a Freedom Fighter level sponsor of DFW NORML.
Patient Outreach Coordinator
Angelina Mandarino is a graduate of the University of Houston and holds a double major in Psychology and Communications and certified in non-profit management. Angelina is a Tarrant Co. Deputy Registrar Voter and an is an Election Official with the Tarrant County Election Administration. She is active in her community and volunteers with People Feeding […] Expanded Bio
Cameron has been a member of DFWNORML and has been apart of the wakeboard group known as Team NORML since 2015. He is the legal assistant for The 420 Lawyer David Sloane handling the cases of those who he believes are being mistreated as criminal for possession of a plant. He has worked in the […] Expanded Bio
Advisory Board Member
NORML Since Advisory Board Member
Aaron Gutknecht is a Statistics instructor at a college in North Texas and a DFW NORML advisory board member.
Facebook Communications Coordinator
“Hi, my name is James Allen I first joined DFW Norml in January 2015. I decided to get involved after realizing that if I wanted change I needed to make it happen and not just wait for it. Since that realization I have grown as a person and become someone who is willing to fight […] Expanded Bio