Founded in 2005, the Dallas/Fort Worth chapter of NORML – the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, is a grassroots, educational non-profit organization dedicated to fighting cannabis prohibition in the Lone Star State. We support the legalization of marijuana for medicinal purposes, responsible adult use, and the production of industrial hemp.
As a registered Texas non-profit organization, all of the money we raise goes toward furthering the cause of legalization. Our chapter has over one thousand members and counting, making us one of the largest NORML chapters in the world. We hold free, monthly meetings that are open to the public as well as marches, conferences, classes and live music fundraisers every month.
SEVEN WAYS TO GET INVOLVED IN 2018:
1. Become an official card-carrying member of DFW NORML for $15 or if you are a Veteran, Senior Citizen or College Student, join for only $10. You can use your membership card for discounts at DFW NORML events and at smoke shops like Hempy’s Emporium in Arlington and Pipes Papes and Vapes in Dallas, Hurst and Arlington.
2. Contact your elected representatives by phone and urge them to support compassionate and sensible changes to Texas marijuana policy. First, visit www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us and enter your street address and zip code. Next, locate the names and phone numbers for your Texas State Representative, Texas State Senator and Texas US Senators. And finally, call their District Office or Capitol Office during business hours to leave a comment with a staffer or request a meeting.
Not sure what to say? Use this sample script as a starting point: “Hi! My name is __ and I am a constituent from your district. I am calling to request a meeting with my representative to discuss why medical marijuana is important to me and to voters in our district.”
4. Become a DFW NORML volunteer! Join our official Volunteer Facebook Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfwnormlvolunteers or email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with one of our Volunteer Coordinators. Be sure to include any special skills, resources or experience you have that could benefit the movement.
5. National Action Alert – Tell Congress to Reject Jeff Session’s Reversal of the Cole Memo: http://norml.org/action-center/item/tell-congress-to-stop-jeff-sessions-crackdown
7. Show your DFW NORML pride by purchasing t-shirts, hats, stickers and other DFW NORML branded items from our online shop at http://www.dfwnorml.myshopify.com and posting them to social media with the #dfwnorml and #legalizetexas hashtags.
Isn’t it high time you got involved?
DISCLAIMER: We ask that you do not contact us about locating, buying or selling marijuana. Our group exists to change the laws, not to help people break them.
Also, please note that DFW NORML is no longer affiliated with or represented by Pete Marrero, PVM Entertainment or Max Davidson. If you have been contacted by any of these entities claiming to represent DFW NORML, please email email@example.com with details.
DFW NORML Board Members